The holidays are fast approaching and it’s time to act now to set yourself up for success.
I don’t know about you, but it’s so easy for the holidays to sneak up on me! Once Halloween is past it’s just a few short weeks to Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Years! It felt like October was slowing down and now it feels like November is speeding towards the end of the year like a train with no breaks!
It can be so easy to just bury your head in the sand and focus on work without taking a moment to pause and look at your schedule to make a plan. One of my mottos in life is to always do my best to set myself up for success. And that is exactly what you are doing when you pause to look at your holiday schedule and put a plan in place.
It’s even more important when you have a team to consider! So, what do you do? Grab a piece of paper and your calendar and work through the below questions.
- Start with what days your business will be closed for the holidays. Go ahead and block those off on your calendar now.
- Look at your schedule – do you have some family events or holiday parties you need to block out? Are you going on vacation or traveling to see family and friends? Go ahead and block those days out of the calendar too.
- Now that you have a clear picture of when you will be off, think about your general obligations and client expectations coming up. Write them down.
- Now, think through what needs to happen to ensure those expectations and deadlines are met. Maybe you need to extend your turnaround times due to the holidays? Or maybe you need to pause taking on new projects until the New Year? Whatever it is, write your plan down.
- Now, share it with your team! Walk through everything we discussed here and ask for their input. Are they taking time off for the holidays? Be sure to make note of that and adjust your plan accordingly.
The holidays happen every year and there is absolutely no reason for you to work when you should be spending time with your loved ones. If you feel the need to take work with you and focus on it during your holiday celebrations, it’s past time to pull in some help so you can truly take time off and be with your loved ones.
Consultations are always free and we would love to help you find the right virtual assistant for your needs!
Happy holidays my friends.
“Barrier Consulting has changed my business and my life. Evonne and her team keep my business goal-focused; moving projects faster toward success (and helping us look good doing it)! Everything they have helped with not only frees up my time and reduces stress but increases revenue too! My business would grow at snail speed without Barrier Consulting.”
– Pam Harjo, Youth Scoreboards
Are you ready to bring someone alongside you to help your business grow? Book your FREE consultation to learn how one of our Virtual Assistants can help take that overwhelm off your shoulders.