In honor of this month being the month of Valentine’s, we thought it was only fitting to talk about appreciation. Because appreciation, gratitude and kindness all fall under the umbrella of what Valentine’s is all about – love!
Showing appreciation to your team is important, because it shows that you care and are aware of their dedication and hard work. Just like everyone has their love language in their personal life, that language carries over into their professional life.
It’s known as something called the 5 Appreciation Languages in the Workplace.
- Acts of service – doing tasks for team members that increases morale
- Quality time – one-on-one time with team members to connect on a deeper level
- Words of appreciation – expressing genuine appreciation through affirmations
- Tangible gifts – giving and receiving gifts as a token of appreciation
- Appropriate physical touch – appropriate hugs, hand shakes, high fives, etc.
Taking time to get to know your team members, what their appreciation languages are, and connecting with them on a deeper level makes them feel seen and well…appreciated.
Overall, when everyone feels understood, it makes for a more positive work environment, boosts your team’s morale, and boosts productivity and business growth. It’s a win-win!
A team that is happy together, grows together.
What is your appreciation language?
“Barrier Consulting has changed my business and my life. Evonne and her team keep my business goal-focused; moving projects faster toward success (and helping us look good doing it)! Everything they have helped with not only frees up my time and reduces stress but increases revenue too! My business would grow at snail speed without Barrier Consulting.”
– Pam Harjo, Youth Scoreboards
Are you ready to bring someone alongside you to help your business grow? Book your FREE consultation to learn how one of our Virtual Assistants can help take that overwhelm off your shoulders.